An unforgettable living history experience for learners of all ages.
Jump back in time...
What To Expect:
- Most visitors will spend about two hours at the Shrine.
- You will encounter many historical interpreters, many of whom portray actual students from Mother Seton’s time! Don’t be shy: you are encouraged to speak with them, but don’t be surprised if their knowledge doesn’t exceed the year 1818.
- Visit the farm animals from a local Petting Zoo
- Move your muscles and learn how physically taxing doing laundry could be
- Try your hand at fiber arts
- Learn how to write with a nib pen and ink
- Dabble in some watercolor
- Break a sweat at colonial dancing and outdoor games
Book Your Group
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is Academy Alive for?
Academy Alive is a fun, engaging experience for groups and learners of all ages!
How much does it cost?
We ask for $5/person. If cost would keep your group from coming, please discuss with Kelly.
How do I pay?
Payment can be made by credit card or by check.
How will this meet my curriculum needs?
Academy Alive hits many various curriculum needs, from early 19th century American history, religious education, and more. Contact Kelly to learn more.
How long should we plan to stay?
The Academy Alive experience will last about 2 hours; however, we highly encourage you to anticipate staying an extra hour for a tour of the Basilica, Museum, Gift Shop, and our new exhibit on early 19th century embroidery. We also have a new 16 minute film on Mother Seton’s life, available in our theatre. All of this is offered free of charge. In addition, plan to stay a while and bring your own picnic lunch to enjoy in the shade of the Stone Farm House.
Do I need to schedule these?
Reach out to Kelly to work out a plan that is best for your group.
Is there bus parking?
Yes! We have plenty of bus parking.