- This event has passed.
Back from the Dead Cemetery Walk
October 25, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Back from the Dead Cemetery Walks take place October 18-20, 25-27, and October 30 in the historic cemetery at the Seton Shrine, located at 339 South Seton Avenue in Emmitsburg, MD.
Learn more about the walk in the video below.
On the Cemetery Walk, as a guide leads you through the dark by candlelight, saints and martyrs come to life and reflect upon the “Last Things”: death, judgment, heaven and hell. Like Saint Jean de Brebeuf, who will describe what the North American martyrs endured for the sake of Christ. Or Blessed Stanley Rother, who will share what inspired him to sacrifice his life for the people of his parish.
You’ll also meet Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, who reveals how she found Jesus in the midst of suffering.
Through these encounters with saints, and martyrs, you’ll discover what it means to be truly alive, both now and in the life to come.
This faith-filled walk is ideal for youth groups and families with older children (14+).
Dates: October 18-20, 25-27, and 30
Times: 6:30-8:30pm, with a walk beginning every 10-15 minutes
Cost: $5/person in advance; $7/person at the door.
To bring a group of 10 people or more, please email Lissa Jungbluth, our Group Visits Coordinator, at Lissa.Jungbluth@setonshrine.org.
What to Expect on the “Back From the Dead” Cemetery Walk
- This is a guided walking tour.
- You will encounter actors portraying both historic and fictional figures.
- The walk lasts 45-50 minutes.
- The walks take place rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for cold or wet weather.
- In cases of rain or inclement weather, the walks will take place indoors. The indoor experience is not handicap accessible at this time. For more information, please call the visitor center at 301-447-6606.
When you come, please check in at our Visitor Center. And consider making time to browse in our gift shop, which will be open at that time.
Back from the Dead Cemetery Walks are held in partnership with Mount St. Mary’s Campus Ministry Office. Many thanks for their collaborative support.