- This event has passed.
Door to Bethlehem
December 8 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
On the first Christmas Eve, Joseph and Mary wandered through the streets of Bethlehem, looking for shelter. All doors, however, were shut to them. No one would welcome them into their home.
In our busy lives today, we too may shut the door to our hearts on Jesus and His family.
Open your heart and walk with Mary and Joseph through the Door to Bethlehem at the Seton Shrine in Emmitsburg, MD, on December 6-8.
Based on the tradition of Las Posadas, a guide will lead the Door to Bethlehem tour, where you’ll walk with the Holy Family to various locations on the grounds of the Seton Shrine. At each site, you’ll witness the ways and excuses we may use to reject Christ.
The end of the walk will bring you to our Basilica, where you will pass through the Door to Bethlehem and experience how Christ is welcomed in an unexpected way. The evening will conclude with time for quiet prayer and light refreshments.
This year, make the Door to Bethlehem part of your family’s Advent traditions.
Dates: December 6-8
Times: 5-7:30pm. Each night, a new walk begins every 15 minutes
Cost: $6 per person; free for children 6 and under.
What to Expect on the Door to Bethlehem:
- –This is a guided walking tour.
- –You will encounter actors portraying fictional figures.
- –Children and adults will participate in the drama.
- –The walk lasts 30-40 minutes.
- –The grounds and walkways are handicap-accessible.
- –The walks take place rain or shine, outdoors. Dress appropriately for cold or wet weather.