Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles: A Traveler’s Guide to Catholic America
Monuments, Marvels, and Miracles: A Traveler’s Guide to Catholic America takes you to more than 500 of the country’s most intriguing holy sites, each with a riveting story to tell. Stories about:
- architecture (the interior of Guardian Angels Cathedral in Las Vegas resembles angel wings)
- religious history (at Maryland’s Old Bohemia, Jesuit priests lived and worked incognito during anti-Catholic persecution)
- artifacts (the Miraculous Medal Shrine in Philadelphia holds an original cast by Saint Catherine Labouré)
- answered prayer (from the Grasshopper Chapel in Minnesota to the Coral Miracle Church in Hawaii)
- healing places, beautiful places, hidden places, places where saints walked, and much more.
Organized by state and region, this book can help you easily plan your vacation or pilgrimage. Chapters include lots of information, Catholic trivia, and color photos. Also included are websites, phone numbers, addresses, and other pertinent information.