Schedule for Mass, Confession and Prayer
- Sunday Schedule: Mass at 11am (live-streamed on Facebook or here) and 1:30pm with Confession available from 12:15-1:15pm in the Basilica lobby area.
- Monday-Friday Schedule: Mass at 1:30pm (live-streamed on Facebook or here). Confession & Eucharistic Adoration available 12:15-1:15pm.
- The Basilica will be open for prayer and tours daily 10am-5pm Sunday-Saturday.
What To Expect:
In response to guidelines issued by the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the Shrine is taking the following measures:
- Restrooms will be available but limited.
- Visitors must wear a facial covering.
- All are asked to maintain a social distance of six feet from those not living in their household, particularly during arrival, departure, and when presenting themselves for Holy Communion.
- Only every other pew will be available so as to allow for social distancing.
- All are encouraged to consider receiving Holy Communion in the hand; however, those who choose to receive on the tongue will not be denied. If anyone distributing Holy Communion comes into contact with a communicant’s hand or tongue, he or she will use hand sanitizer before continuing.
- Upon arrival for Mass, the faithful will be seated by the ushers and dismissed in an orderly fashion when Mass ends. After the 11am Sunday Mass, all are asked to exit the Basilica promptly to allow for cleaning in advance of the 1:30pm Mass.
- Clergy and other ministers will not greet the faithful after Mass as is our custom.
- Because singing can lead to increased risk of virus transmission, the Archdiocese of Baltimore has asked that we not encourage the faithful to sing during Mass; however, music will still be present as is our custom.
- Those who come for prayer other than for Mass will be asked to mark their pew so Shrine staff can know where cleaning is required.
- The Museum is open 10am-5pm Monday through Saturday, and 12=5pm on Sunday. The Gift Shop remains closed until further notice. Free Open Air Historic Homes Tours are available Friday and Saturday through July 31. Learn more about the tour here.
For special observances, please visit the Join Us in Prayer webpage.
As a Minor Basilica, we are not associated with a specific parish. As a result, there are some sacraments that we cannot perform for visitors or the general public, like Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals.