People from all walks of life visit the Shrine and enjoy discovering this incredible woman’s story. Whether you're interested in history, art, or the outdoors, you’ll find it at our site. Discover for yourself Elizabeth Ann Seton’s inspirational life and the legacy that lives on in her name.
Make the most of your time with us! Below are activities to give you a well-rounded experience, as well as info about our amenities.
- Begin your visit at the Visitor Center and watch the 12-minute film to get an introduction into Elizabeth Ann Seton’s story.
- There is no admission fee for our museum. In the museum, see artifacts from Elizabeth Ann Seton’s life and view exhibits that highlight how her legacy has lived on, like our Civil War Sisters exhibit.
- Self-guided tours of our site are always available; simply pick up the Map & Guide at our Visitor Center.
- The Historic Homes Tour, a guided tour of the two homes where she lived and worked, is available Monday through Saturday at 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm and 4:30pm. The tour lasts about 45 minutes, and tickets are $8/adult, $6/youth ages 7-18, and free for children 6 and under. Please note: the Historic Homes Tour on Wednesday at 11:30am has been replaced by the living history tour, Catherine Comes Home. Learn more about Catherine Comes Home here.
- On Sunday our living history tour, Catherine Comes Home, is available at 12:15pm, 1pm, 1:45pm, 2:40pm, 3:30pm and 4:15pm.
See a video of the Historic Homes Tour below.
Free Historic Homes Tours are available on select dates. See the dates here.
Plan to spend about 1.5-2 hours if you want to take part in all the activities listed above.
All of our sites, walkways and grounds are accessible to physically-challenged people.
Parking at the Shrine is free and plentiful.
There are two picnic areas on the grounds for your enjoyment. Please note that these are not covered areas, so they may not be suitable for use in inclement weather.
The Visitor Center, Museum, Basilica and Gift Shop are open M-Sat 10am-6pm and Sun 12-6pm.
Parking is free.
The grounds and historic cemetery are open year-round from dawn to dusk.