Participate in the Seton Shrine’s Book Club and explore the life of Elizabeth Ann Seton as she trusted in God, fought for what she believed in, and left a legacy in the charism of charity. We will be reading the Shrine’s exclusive biography, Elizabeth Bayley Seton, written by Annabelle M. Melville, and we invite you to join us for a six-weeks session to meet weekly in a video conferencing platform, Zoom, for a facilitated conversation on parts of the book based on the discussion schedule.
The Book Club takes place on Thursdays from 7-8pm EST with 20 spots available. Registration is required at $35 per person.
What You Need:
- A copy of Elizabeth Bayley Seton: American Saint (which you can purchase here)
- A computer with a webcam and microphone, laptop, tablet or phone.
You will receive a link from the Club Host to connect to the 60-minutes discussion each week (the last discussion night will be 2 hours).
-Week 1: Chapters 1,2 – 60 pages
– Week 2: Chapters 3,4,5 – 78 pages
– Week 3: Chapters 6,7,8 – 69 pages
– Week 4: Chapters 9,10 – 74 pages
– Week 5: Chapters 11,12 – 60 pages
– Week 6: Chapters 13-14 – 69 pages
Estimated reading time per week: up to 3 hours