Next book club: August 12 – September 16
Participate in the Seton Shrine’s Book Club and explore the life of Elizabeth Ann Seton as she trusted in God, fought for what she believed in, and left a legacy in the charism of charity. We will be reading the popular biography, Elizabeth Seton: American Saint written by Catherine O’Donnell, and we invite you to join us for a six-weeks session to meet weekly in the video conferencing platform, Zoom, for a facilitated conversation on parts of the book based on the discussion schedule.
The Book Club takes place on Thursdays from 7-8pm EST with 20 spots available. Registration is required at $35 per person.
What You Need:
- A copy of Elizabeth Seton: American Saint (which you can purchase here)
- A computer with a webcam and microphone, laptop, tablet or phone.
You will receive a link from the Club Host to connect to the 60-minutes discussion each week (the last discussion night will be 2 hours).
- Week 1: Part 1, Chapters 1 – 5 (108 pages)
- Week 2: Part 2, Chapters 6 – 9 (65 pages)
- Week 3: Part 3, Chapters 10 – 13 (75 pages)
- Week 4: Part 4, Chapters 14 – 16 (59 pages)
- Week 5: Part 5a, Chapters 17-20 (51 pages)
- Week 6 @ 7 PM: Part 5b, Chapters 21 – 23 + Epilogue (68 pages)
- Week 6 @ 8 PM: Meet Author, Catherine O’Donnell
Estimated reading time per week: up to 3 hours