On this specialty tour, discover all that the Sisters experienced around the time of the Battle of Gettysburg and how they cared for the wounded on both sides.
As the bloodiest battle of the Civil War raged just miles from the peaceful home of the Sisters, they could not ignore the call to go and care for the wounded. With casualties totaling over 50,000 after the Battle of Gettysburg was over, the Sisters traveled 15 miles north to the heart of the battlegrounds to care for the wounded soldiers from the North and the South. Their charitable efforts brought healing and solace to the wounded on both the battlefields and in hospitals. Through the selfless acts of the Sisters, Elizabeth Ann Seton’s mission of compassion, service to man, and devotion to God, was lived out.
Join us for this tour that captures how the Sisters provided hope in the midst of suffering and despair.
2018 Civil War Sisters Tour for Groups
Tour Dates: April – November 2018.
Time: by appointment
The Civil War Group Tour is available to groups of 10 or more, with a discounted rate of $5/person.* We kindly request that you schedule at least one month prior to your visit.
2018 Civil War Sisters Tour for Individuals and Smaller Groups of 9 or Less
Tour Dates: Saturdays from June 2 – July 28, 2018.
Time: 11:30am and 1:30pm.
Cost: $10/adult, $7/youth 7-18 years old, free for children 6 years old and younger.
We look forward to seeing you!
What to expect on the Civil War Tour:
- This is a guided walking tour that is primarily outdoors.
- The fee for the tour is collected on-site before tour begins.
- The tour lasts 45-60 minutes.
- The grounds and walkways are handicap-accessible.
- Add to your experience by seeing the Civil War Sisters exhibit in our museum, and watching the Civil War documentary film (30 minutes in length) at no additional cost.