Discover the life and legacy of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton on the Historic Homes Tour, available at the Seton Shrine in Emmitsburg, MD. On this tour, you’ll see the two historic homes and grounds where Elizabeth Ann, the first American-born saint, lived and worked. View a glimpse of the tour on the video below.
Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
Sunday: 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 3pm and 4pm.
The cost of the Historic Homes Tour is $8/adult, $6/youth ages 7-18, and free for children ages six and under. Buy tickets by clicking the Buy Tickets button below.
If you wish to bring a group of 10 or more, please schedule your group tour here.
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning December 1st, the Historic Homes Tours are only available with a 48hr in advance reservation Monday through Friday. Tours operate as normal Saturdays and Sundays. Daily tours will resume in April 2020. To make your reservation, please contact the Information Desk at 301-447-6072.
Free Tour Dates
The Historic Homes Tour is offered for free on the second Saturday of each month, as well as other dates throughout the year. See the list of free dates and sign up here.
Discover all there is to see and do in Frederick County, MD.
What to expect on the tour:
- This guided walking tour is both indoors and outdoors.
- The tour lasts about 45 minutes.
- The grounds and walkways are handicap-accessible.
Extras to Add to Your Experience:
- Consider viewing our free 12-minutes film before you go on a tour, to have some background on Elizabeth Ann Seton’s story.
- Admission is free for our museum. To view the exhibits and artifacts in our museum, allow for about 15-30 minutes.
- During your visit, allow time to choose a special memento in our gift shop to remember your visit.
Seton Shrine Hours:
- Monday-Saturday: 10am-5pm.
- Sunday: 12pm-5pm.
Click on our address below for directions using Google Maps.
339 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, MD 21727