Historic Homes Tours
As a historic site and religious site, the Seton Shrine is the home of the first American-born saint, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. See where she lived and worked on our Historic Homes Tour.
With a guide, explore our historic sites and discover the life and legacy of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. On the Historic Homes Tour, you’ll step inside two homes where Elizabeth Ann lived and worked, and learn about life in early 1800s. View a glimpse of the tour on the video below.
- Sunday: 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:30 PM
Tuesday – Thursday: 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:30pm
- Wednesday: Additional 5:30pm and 6:45pm tour times available
- Friday: 10:00am, 12:00pm
Living History tours are available at 2:00pm & 3:30pm on Fridays and all day Saturday. Purchase tickets or learn more about Living History here.
Be sure to check the ticket calendar on this page for the most updated schedule and available dates!
Select a tour time in the calendar in the right column to reserve your tickets or click here.
- This guided walking tour is both indoors and outdoors.
- Please check in at the Visitor Center upon arrival.
- The tour lasts about 60 minutes.
- The grounds and walkways are handicap-accessible.
If you wish to bring a group of 10 or more, please schedule your group tour here.
Select A Tour Time Below To Reserve Your Tickets
Click on our address below for directions using Google Maps.
339 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Extras to include in your visit:
- Consider viewing our free 16-minutes film before you go on a tour, to have some background on Elizabeth Ann Seton’s story.
- Admission is free for our museum. To view the exhibits and artifacts in our museum, allow for about 15-30 minutes.
- During your visit, allow time to choose a special memento in our gift shop to remember your visit.