As a historic site and religious site, the Seton Shrine is the home of the first American-born saint, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. See where she lived and worked on our Historic Homes Tour.
With a guide, explore our historic sites and discover the life and legacy of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton. On the Historic Homes Tour, you’ll step inside two homes where Elizabeth Ann lived and worked, and learn about life in early 1800s. View a glimpse of the tour on the video below.
Monday through Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
Sunday: 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 3pm and 4pm.
The cost of the Historic Homes Tour is $8/adult, $6/youth ages 7-18, and free for children ages six and under. Buy tickets by clicking the Buy Tickets button below.
*Please Note: Beginning December 1st, the Historic Homes Tours are only available with a 48hr in advance reservation Monday through Friday. Tours operate as normal Saturdays and Sundays. Daily tours will resume in April 2020. To make your reservation, please contact the Information Desk at 301-447-6072.
What to expect on the tour:
- This guided walking tour is both indoors and outdoors.
- The tour lasts about 45 minutes.
- The grounds and walkways are handicap-accessible.
If you wish to bring a group of 10 or more, please schedule your group tour here.
Free Tour Dates
The Historic Homes Tour is offered for free on the second Saturday of each month, as well as other dates throughout the year. See the list of free dates and sign up here.
Plan your visit to our site:
- The Visitor Center, Museum, Basilica and Gift Shop are open M-Sat 10am-5pm and Sun 12-5pm.
- Parking is free.
- The grounds and historic cemetery are open year-round from dawn to dusk.
Click on our address below for directions using Google Maps.
339 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Extras to include in your visit:
- Consider viewing our free 12-minutes film before you go on a tour, to have some background on Elizabeth Ann Seton’s story.
- Admission is free for our museum. To view the exhibits and artifacts in our museum, allow for about 15-30 minutes.
- During your visit, allow time to choose a special memento in our gift shop to remember your visit.